The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   High Bridestones Forum Start a topic | Search
High Bridestones
Re: Medium Format..
59 messages
Select a forum:
"I do know what I'm talking about. I just do not like to manipulate the truth of the image too much. You do, but I don't."

You prove my point again that (tregarding my work) you don't know what you are talking about. I just gave you a total breakdown of my workflow and you call it 'manipulating the truth of the image'?

Are you mad?

I take three consecutive shots, stick em together and correct the sky exposure to what it was when i took the pic. (Still waiting for you to provide the 'purist' method to expose for sky and ground without a filter, belive me I'd pay you)

Now I suspect you are up to your old snide games again but I beg you to point out where that is 'manipulation'

Before you ask me why I don't follow the professionals and use a 'wide angle lens' instead of 'manipulating the image' you ight want to think about the fact that wide angle makes things far away and distorted, nothing like the original human viewpoint'

I choose 50mm lens initially because it is a good discipline to frame without a zoom, and 50mm is the nearest approximation to the human eye's view. All my work was single frame 50mm stuff until I wanted a wider view, so I simply take three (or six) shots instead of one and rejoin them all together on the PC.

How is *that* more manipulation than a wide-angle lens that actually distorts the true view?

Pease be man enough to answer that before getting your big old broad (insulting) brush out again.

This topic is locked
morfe
Posted by morfe
4th March 2006ce
15:40

In reply to:

Re: Medium Format.. (PeterH)

3 replies:

to TMA (morfe)
I meant (morfe)
Re: Medium Format.. (PeterH)

Messages in this topic: