The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: The Shop
17 messages
Select a forum:
Ha ha, thanks to the VBB for introducing the lamentable state of the current EH shop into proceedings - and also pointing out how excellent the NT shop at Avebury is. EH should have the world's finest bookshop for archaeology, earth mysteries, modern interpretations and all things megalithic - and the world's finest online bookshop for the above, as well - but no... the decision-makers in Swindon really should be ashamed of themselves.
This will probably be my last post on this particular thread. I'm going to go and have a good look at Nigel's 'Achievable Stonehenge' proposals, and will see y'all there hopefully.
All the best,
Andy

Andy is the author of Stonehenge: Celebration and Subversion (Alternative Albion, 2004), described by SchNEWS as 'by far the best bit of modern British social history I've seen', and the editor of The Battle of the Beanfield (Enabler, 2005), described by Professor Ronald Hutton as 'probably the definitive work on its subject, something very rarely achieved in practice', neither of which is available in the English Heritage shop at Stonehenge.
http://www.andyworthington.co.uk

Reply | with quote
Posted by andy worthington
12th February 2006ce
13:34

In reply to:

Re: The Shop (VenerableBottyBurp)

Messages in this topic: