The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
absolute truths
234 messages
Select a forum:
I guess atheists subscribe the the absolute truth that there is no god excepting a human invention.

And religious types subscribe to the the absolute truth that there is a god/goddess.

I don't know what I am, I recognise and feel my connection with nature, and am awed by nature's mystery and our interpretations of it, but so far science and religion have only answered a few questions, leaving many more.

Pantheist maybe. But there's that *ist* business again.

Sorry, this is so far off topic.

ritualistic behaviour and rituals have everything and nothing in common. I have worked extensively with compulsive ritualists (autism) and many of these are also subject to 'inexplicable' visions. Ritual is also related to meditation and transcendence/altered awareness/cognition - yet custom is also considered ritualistic.

It all breaks back down to semantics again doesn't it?

With that said, I'm going to get intersubjective on my own ass. It's the full moon, it's a bright one, and I feel the pull outdoors.

Have a good weekend all.

Reply | with quote
morfe
Posted by morfe
14th January 2006ce
21:57

In reply to:

Re: meaningless (PeterH)

1 reply:

Re: absolute truths (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: