The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ritual
234 messages
Select a forum:
No, I don't consider justice, morality, compassion, humanity, charity and kindness to be true christian characteristics, or indeed the characteristics of any other specific faith.

Those WITH religious faith often trot out these characteristics as 'their own', as if they have a monopoly on them. I think these are innately HUMAN characteristics and have little to do with any organised religion. I find it deeply offensive when people assume that as atheist I must be immoral, anarchic, unjust, rude or mean.

I work very hard to be just, moral, show compassion, behave humanely, be charitable and kind. I don't need the fear of God or Allah or Amon Ra or Jupiter to want to be a good person.

Prof Richard Dawkins was brilliant on 'Root of all evil' last night. I love what he says, it makes complete sense. Here's some stuff on him.
http://www.simonyi.ox.ac.uk/da[...]dOfDawkins-archive/index.shtml

Reply | with quote
Jane
Posted by Jane
10th January 2006ce
09:34

In reply to:

Re: Ritual (PeterH)

3 replies:

Re: Ritual (StoneLifter)
Re: Ritual (FourWinds)
Re: Ritual (PeterH)