The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Trethevy Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Trethevy Quoit
Illustration of Trethevy Quoit, Cornwall
5 messages
Select a forum:
Having just found this site, and the references to Trethevy Quoit, I thought you might be interested to hear this. It concerns an illustration I did for a book published in 1982 entitled 'Quest for the Faradawn', by Richard Ford. While the illustration is not a an 'accurate' interpretation of the dolmen, or it's location, it was used as the basis for the scene. At that time, I was living at Sharptor, not far from St Cleer, and Trethevy Quoit was one of my favourite places, which is why I used it for the picture.
I now live in Western Australia where I was born. I lived in the UK for 28 years and Quest for the Faradawn' was the first book I illustrated, Sadly it is out of print now, and so I doubt if anyone reading this will have read it, or even heard of it, but judging by postings on the Net, it appears to have become something of a cult 'classic'. Google it!
I would like to post the illustration on the site, but can't find out how to do it. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Reply | with quote
Posted by bela
10th November 2005ce
01:17

Messages in this topic: