The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Three Rocks Mountain Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Three Rocks Mountain
The world turns
5 messages
Select a forum:
Having today off for 'Irelands day of mourning' I decided that to clear my head and send all you dudes, poets and rock-knowing hombres some real VIBES, what better than a 6 hour walk up my nearest mountain to stand at the top and OUT-VIBE like a bastard!!

I have wanted to investigate Three Rock Mountain and it's neighbour Two Rock Mountain since I move here, as they over look my house. Each day I have felt the time wasn't right. Today it was right ... it was cool to go. The 3 granite tors that protrude from the top are weather sculpted and look like huge pulsating brains (oops nicked that from somewhere) except thet these are not in the underworld they are in space!

I can't believe that these rock outcrops held no significance to our ancestors. From the natural faults in them I would say that they would have been an excellent source of tomb capstones.

I also managed to get in a glorious wedge tomb with U shaped courtyard too so that cheered me up no end.

I am still dishing out vibes like a good 'un ... hope the world catches some.

Ride On!! To the stones I say, to the stones!!

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
14th September 2001ce
19:47

1 reply:

Gimme Back My Flag (Annexus Quam)

Messages in this topic: