The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: First time in Aberdeenshire. . soon!
44 messages
Select a forum:
Moth . .

Thanks for all that. I'm now seriously considering basing myself in Aberdineshire. . making a massive 'hit list' and if there's any time over, seeing a bit of Perthshire. And those sites by the road sound great. . that's what I like!
I'll paste my list on this thread when I've done it. And Sunhoney, who could resist visiting a stone circle called 'sunhoney'. Fantastic!

You know, it's funny circle spotting. You can rush around, and sometimes it's couter productive. You get to see lots, and yet not quite get what you went there for.
Last year in Ireland, I spent four days on a circle hunt, saw 17 stone circles, (which is a good average in Cork!), but on the last day, at a circle called Reenascreena, only then did I decide to stop 'the chase' and sit in the circle for over an hour. And relax. And it's Reenascreena that's stayed with me. So I'm going to 'wing it' a little in Aberdeenshire . . I'll make my list, but if I find myself in a real 'corker' of a circle. . (clever eh?), in the sun, in some clearing, some glade, watching the nature sprites. .
Oh, you know what I mean. I'm not going to 'over egg the pudding' in other words.
Thanks for the list Moth. Good on 'ya!

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
17th June 2005ce
21:12

Messages in this topic: