The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: First time in Aberdeenshire. . soon!
44 messages
Select a forum:
Just tried this but it logged me out so I've hadta start again - grrrr!!!!!! (Forgot to copy it first....)

I forgot you asked about Perthshire. There's some great stuff there for sure - for me, Greenland/Falls of Acharn is the BIG must-see, Kinnell of Killin is great, Croft Moraig is beautiful, Tigh Na Ruaich & Faskally are cute, and Clachan An Diridh is cool. Fortingall is worth a visit too! And all these are pretty close together around Loch Tay & towards Pitlochry.

I haveta say tho that personally, I'd deffo spend longer in Aberdeenshire. There's probly about the same number of must-see jobbies, but for me there's a lot more 'next stage down' stuff in Aberdeenshire. Tyrebagger/Dyce, Tom(e)naverie, Cothiemuir Wood, Old Keig, Nine Stanes, Druidstones. And then of course the ones you mentioned yourself - whaich are all musts btw.

Gah - there's just too many!!! Can I come with you????!!!!

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
17th June 2005ce
00:42

Messages in this topic: