The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Aberdeenshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Aberdeenshire
Re: First time in Aberdeenshire. . soon!
44 messages
Select a forum:
Guessing, but I think the 200 includes more destroyed & mebbe questionable ones than Burl counts, plus some that Julian has found out about that mebbe Burl didn't.

To 'do' the Dunnideer thang is really interesting, but most of em are pretty trashed in themselves. There are a few really good (non-Dunideer) ones that hardly anyone goes to tho - off the top o me head, Sheldon/Shieldon, Clune Hill, Netherton & particularly, North Strone spring to mind. And if yr doing Midmar, you've GOTTA do Sunhoney!!! (Plus altho way over-restored Cullerlie's quite nice & nearby.)

It's a shame my Aberdeen trips were pre-blog facility & I've not even got round to fieldnotes for most of em. If any that you end up planning to go to are short on fieldnotes, let us know & i'll see if I can remember any hints for approaching/finding them.

If any think of any other dead ace ones, I'll letcha know. Oh, Balquhain is ace n'all!!!

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
16th June 2005ce
23:56

Messages in this topic: