The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Traprain Law Forum Start a topic | Search
Traprain Law
Re: Djang!!
14 messages
Select a forum:
Course I know what you're getting at, could wax lrical about yon 'rockshelter' for ages. Just wish I knew what they were getting at with all that concentric circle business!

Kettley is in a class of it's own in more ways than one. It could be argued that the earthworks at Chatton are where they are as it puts them in a prime spot to overlook the main panel and the slope with Kettley, as well as protecting the panel inside the earthwork. It's one of the few points on the hill where that would be possible.

I really don't know what to make of the Traprain carvings. I suspect the fact that they're so out of the ordinary may mean they get sidelined as what Fort would have called 'damned data'. Combined with all that multi-phase occupancy, perhaps it's just too complex a site for current methods to make sense of. Like most rock art related stuff.

Reply | with quote
Hob
Posted by Hob
7th June 2005ce
12:20

In reply to:

Djang!! (fitzcoraldo)

Messages in this topic: