The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Callanishous Caravannnanavan
10 messages
Select a forum:
I posted this on head heritage earlier, thought I'd share it with you also. Aren't I a thoughtful and kind member of society.

We're planning to take the caravavanananan up in the summer 2006, specifically for said event. Not that I know an awful lot about it, I've tried to read up on it but i get to a certain point and the words turn into doughnuts, in true Homer style.

I've not been to Scotland yet, the furthest I've got so far is Cumbria, and it was dizzy enough up there... (I have height issues, see adoption posts..) we've done most of the stoney sites throughout Ingland, we honeymooned in Avebury and kind of got stuck there.

I quite often have an 'I need to visit Avebury" moment. The last time was the Saturday of the glastonbury festival after such a draining few days (we'd been there since wednesday, shit idea that was). I walked out of the festival with nowt but a shitty shitty shitty head and bruising... found myself (literally, my head came back all at once) at West Kennet long barrow on Sunday. Magical.

And I didn't have to hitch ALL the way, the husband came round and we drove there. He was back in the festival come Sunday evening, and I was enjoying a lovely hot bath and the freedom to warble and play my accordion, such is the way in which temporary paid accomodation affords. (A B&B of course! I love rooms. They're grate.)

Anyways, like I say I know nowt about the Western Isles, (stoney stuff aside) apart from what I've read here, anyone recommend any caravanavanan sites?

Ra!

Pix xx

Reply | with quote
Posted by Pixxx
12th March 2005ce
20:43

Messages in this topic: