The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Fylingdales Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
The Fylingdales Stone
Curiouser & curiouser....
216 messages
Select a forum:
I spoke to my mother (who still lives in Ravenscar) earlier this evening and asked her if the stone had been removed from the moor at any point - she said not that she was aware of, and she's rarely out of the loop on local happenings. So, what are EH playing at? They say they took it away to scan it and it was so fragile you can't even do a rubbing, yet the stone I've seen is large, very much in situ and in good nick! Is this some sort of smokescreen tactic on their part, or are the Heretics being their usual confused selves - enquiring minds want to know and all that.....
Happy Dies Natalis Invicta Solis, everyone

P.S. what would a Freedom of Information request to EH turn up, I wonder? As of January, we'll be able to request them to release their documents, and they'll have to produce damn good reasons not to!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Winterwolf
24th December 2004ce
21:46

In reply to:

Re: Fire reveals moor's stone legacy (Winterwolf)

Messages in this topic: