The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Fylingdales Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
The Fylingdales Stone
deciding access
216 messages
Select a forum:
Let's face it, most people in this country really don't give a monkey's about some stupid bit of carved rock in the middle of nowhere. You do, but whatever you say - you *do know how to access this carving, you have got access to it. Even if you've potentially wound up fitzcoraldo, I'm sure he's a reasonable man and would still take you to see it if you bought him a pint.

If we take another minority interest, let's say lichens (an unremarkable type of plant to most people). There are places in this country where extremely rare lichens grow, and the locations are held tightly to the chest of lichen fanatics. Most people don't give a monkey's whether they have access to them or not. But if they showed interest (as, sadly I myself have done) they will be embraced by the lichen fancier's society and taken by an enthusiast to see the little things. It's not easily accessible information where these things are but if you're interested it's not difficult to get it.

Oh I've said all this before. If you can't agree with what seems to me a perfectly reasonable arrangement we will as they say have to agree to differ. But I would like to hear your alternative arrangement and I think we have yet to hear it. Why don't you tell us how you think things should be done? (if you don't come up with something then people might be justified in crying the t word you see)

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
23rd December 2004ce
15:43

In reply to:

Re: Your not worthy (smallblueplanet)

2 replies:

Re: deciding access (nigelswift)
Re: deciding access (smallblueplanet)

Messages in this topic: