The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Fylingdales Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
The Fylingdales Stone
Re: Fire reveals moor's stone legacy
216 messages
Select a forum:
What I'm saying is that this question is irrelavent.

There's thousands of stones already in museums, this one I do not think (and stand to be corrected) is spectacularly more significant than many of those. To date, very little research of any sort has been carried out on these stones and most are piled up out of site in storage.

If anyone ever got funding to do this type of research they could easily make a start on any of those stones and latest dig up this one and re-bury it if they were desperate to complete the corpus.

You are saying that we should put this in a museum just in case someone actually wants to do this research in the future - its a generic argument being applied to a specific argument.

So if I said "I'd like to know if all stones were the product of a single carver" you'd back my case to ship them all into museums?

Reply | with quote
Posted by BrigantesNation
23rd December 2004ce
13:34

In reply to:

Re: Fire reveals moor's stone legacy (smallblueplanet)

1 reply:

Re: Fire reveals moor's stone legacy (smallblueplanet)

Messages in this topic: