The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Letter Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Letter Moor
New Cornish henge ?????
6 messages
Select a forum:
I had the chance to visit the Cornwall Archaeological Unit (CAU) yesterday..although they are now called the Cornwall Historic Enviroment Service.

One of the things I wanted to ask about was this feature on Bodmin Moor

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/6760

As you will see on the post i have been in contact with them about the site but yesterday i had the chance to show them some photos. The only record they have of it is the OS survey and the site survey done in 1984.

After seeing the photos Steve Hartgroves is still convinced it is not a Iron Age round or a natural feature......and he agreed to my suggestion that "it could be" a small henge.

So, im a little bit excited!, could I have "discovered" a henge? The chances of the CAU getting somebody up there to do any work on it are possibly very thin but i will keep up my interest in the site...might even get up there for the winter solstice...should I go for moon rise or sun rise...I aint up on these sorts of things..

...any help out there?

Mr H

Reply | with quote
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
9th December 2004ce
08:59

Messages in this topic: