The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
finally made it
24 messages
Select a forum:
Hello all
for many a long day I've been sporadically 'tuning in' to the website, reading the posts and fieldnotes, but never yet felt ready to contribute. After all, so much has been said before...
However, I feel the need to write something about my recent visit to Calanais in the Western Isles, knowing that you guys will understand.
It took me a LONG time to get there, in more ways than one, and as we arrived at the stones the only sounds were our footsteps on the path and our breathing..we spent an hour or so there that evening and just being able to stand there and look at this amazing place, to feel the hairs on my arms lifting as I first saw the site, to do nothing but be there, was an experience so deep that it's indescribable. Practical navigator partner, mainly there for my sake, was stunned.
Next day we were there early and the time I had to spend was like sand through my fingers..poetic, eh?
A highlight in my life, and a place I need to be again.

Reply | with quote
Posted by delilah
13th August 2004ce
20:46

3 replies:

Re: Yes, me too (greywether)
Re: finally made it (Moth)
Re: finally made it (Kammer)

Messages in this topic: