The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
An Avebury virgins tale!!
4 messages
Select a forum:
Hey! I just had to write about my recent birthday adventure in Avebury! I turned 29 on the 22nd of May and when my farout husband asked me what i would like to do to celebrate the day i asked for a day in Avebury. Being a life long (well, a long time anyways) Julian lover and appreciator of all things cosmic i had ashamedly never visisted Avebury - i have experienced many sacred sites and have read and read and read about many more................but nothing could prepare me for the mind blowing experience i had. We live in the Midlands and after years of only having a very rusty old mini that could not travel far, we aquired a half decent motor - one which was up to the 'trip' to Avebury. The day was dripping in glorious sunshine from the offset and i knew that we were in for something special - we arrived, parked up and put on our walking feet.
There are no words to describe how perfect a day we had - to be in a truly beautiful place, full of secrets and magic made us both realise just how insignificant our lives in the City are. Avebury (and it's environs) is the most incredible place that i have ever seen and feelings of pure perfection encompassed me. We spent time just mooching around, checking out the giant Avebury circle then walked to Silbury and boy was that worth the walk - awesome!!! We then walked to West Kennet Avenue which was without doubt the highlight of my day and the most beautiful place i have ever seen - as the sun saturated the buttercup covered field i had an overwhelming feeling of tranquility and wished that i could stay there forever!!!! We also visited West Kennet Longbarrow and the Sanctury - the day ended with one last drive past the Avenue and we went home feeling cleansed and knowing that real soon we would be back for more! I just wanted to share this with you all - sorry if i've bored you but my first visit to Avebury has made such and impact!!!!!
Yeah baby!

I'll be back!

Em xxxxxx
I'll be back!

Reply | with quote
Posted by hamster169
12th June 2004ce
20:38

Messages in this topic: