The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Gamber Head Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Gamber Head
Nennius Quote
2 messages
Select a forum:
Does anyone have any more infomation about Gamber Head, Amr and surrounding events other than the Nennius quotation I keep coming up with when I search the web? I was born at Gamber Head Cottage in the parish of LLanwarne more years ago than I care to remember but left at around 5/6years of age - although I remained in the general area for many years. An earliest memory is walking with my mother into the adjacent field to fetch water from a well (we were not on mains water). It is possible that this well (spring) is the source of the Gamber. As is quite typical of these country areas there was no local discussion or apparent knowledge of the significance of this spot to our ancient history and I myself found out about it only about ten years ago. Let me know if you have any useful links.

Reply | with quote
Posted by gamber
8th June 2004ce
11:03

1 reply:

Re: Nennius Quote (wideford)

Messages in this topic:

Nennius Quote (gamber, Jun 08, 2004, 11:03)