The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor
Re: Nine Ladies, POSSESSION ORDER THIS WEEK!!
54 messages
Select a forum:
I think you've got to be very careful with protests. Firstly, people often protest about a site being under threar just because it's within a couple of miles of the proposed development, in some cases I have seen, as many as 7 miles.

Secondly, once a protest get's going, there is a lot of disinformation that goes around, including, as we have found out, the opposition pretending to be protestors, especially when you have people on site long term.

Thirdly, in my case, at Ladybridge and Thornborough, there are no trees, just flat land. If al of our protests fail and the bulldozers move in, what options would we have to continue the protest in a non violent and legalish way? I have nightmares of KA and myself digging pits into the very stuff I want to preserve. One such nightmare, oddly enough happened last night.

Reply | with quote
Posted by BrigantesNation
24th January 2004ce
11:50

Messages in this topic: