The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor
Re: Nine Ladies, POSSESSION ORDER THIS WEEK!!
54 messages
Select a forum:
>My solution would be: either make our pages that link to existing campaigns less >prominent than our home grown ones... or we keep them all equal but are selective >about who we allow under our banner.

What I had in mind Nigel, was pretty much a links page. A paragraph of info and links to an existing campaign, that has quite a wide tolerence for submissions (but obviously, it has to fall broadly within the guidelines of what HA is about)... this would be a level that allowed organisations concerned with a specific endangered site to promote themselves and to provide info to people who wish to be involved in a campaign as individuals. Also providing information for someone who wants to start their own campaign too. We make it clear that this is a service and that we are not connected with the groups listed.

I'd see the campaigns that we take on as being the ones in which people with an interest or energy to drive the thing forward take it on under the HA umbrella, using the HA template for approaching such things. If anyone wants to take a more radical approach that HA would take, then they can go off n' do their own thing.

I agree with what you say about not being seen as a radical group ourselves, so as not to alienate anyone. And minimising risk of exposing ourselves to any kind of fall out from dirt digging, is of course the most sensible route. I'm not suggesting that we present ourselves or allign ourselves in that way at all.

I'm just a little wary of us appearing aloof or too selective and think that providing support on two levels would be the best way of not alienating anyone. We rely on people at grassroots level (or heather maybe more appropriate) to report sites in danger and to watch over them.

Reply | with quote
Kozmik_Ken
Posted by Kozmik_Ken
22nd January 2004ce
14:14

Messages in this topic: