The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: fit like m'loon?
40 messages
Select a forum:
Like any good loopy theory, there's a few opt out clauses in case the evidence don't fit ;o)

In this case would be that the amount of friction needed to generate piezo-doo-dah in Aberdeen would probably mean that folk would have to spend a while practising synchronised kerb-rubbing en-masse.

The general idea is that it takes stresses on a tectonic level to generate any perceptible fields. Having said that, as far as I'm aware the only place where any even vaguely repeatable, measurable effect found by the Dragon project was Hessdalen in Norway, (not a country that well know for it's earthquakes) where Mr D claimed to have filmed earthlights.

But even then, I've heard the theory stretched as far as to claim that modern day effects aren't as measurable because the planet isn't in the same bit of galactic space and that "space weather" can affect the production of these alleged ambient e.m. fields. Hence this is why we modern types can't detect "disturbances in the force" like those ancient megalithic Jedi dudes. I'm no expert, so I try to maintain an open mind. But it does take a bit of effort sometimes.

Having said that, I still maintain it's not as crackpot as it looks at first glance, there is anecdotal evidence that migratory animals are aware of something happening in the period preceding earthquakes, this may be due to some change in electro-magnetic guff. Migratory animals being affected possibly because they use such e.m. to navigate. Dr Persinger at Laurentian Uni. has spent a decade or two looking into the business and he's come up with some reasonable evidence to suggest that tectonic stress can affect human conciousness. Dare I suggest it might have something to do with the apparent ability of some folk to dowse?

Getting dangerously off topic. Time for me to go earn me pay.

Reply | with quote
Hob
Posted by Hob
16th January 2004ce
10:12

In reply to:

Re: fit like m'loon? (BrigantesNation)

Messages in this topic: