The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: ". . . . a surge of power from a circ...
40 messages
Select a forum:
Sounds like dodgy pseudo-science at it's glorious best.
But, if I put on my "not-a-totally-sceptical-git" hat on for a second, I'd be willing to theorise that if you bombard a stone with ultrasound, then it might be possible that the sound waves could vibrate any quartz in the stone to release the odd electron or two, in a vaguely piezo-electric manner. These electrons might then generate field which might then be detectable by a magnetometer.
If the stone had enough quartz. If the ultrasound was capable of vibrating the quartz. If enough electrons were released to generate an e.m. field. If the field is strong enough to be detected. And perhaps more importantly, if you really, really wanted to find an energy surge.

I'm quite aware that this is highly dubious reasoning, and would like to declare that I know very little about physics anyway. The conjecture is partly for fun, partly as an exercise in trying to stay fairly open minded.

Reply | with quote
Hob
Posted by Hob
13th January 2004ce
20:57

Messages in this topic: