The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Composting
70 messages
Select a forum:
Hello Four Windieeees!

AGHYA! on't get hung up on megapixels, it's the signal/noise ratio thang that counts. I have a five meg compact and it looks like ants shit all over the image because the noisey red channel via poor lens/sensor compatibility. Thankfully I found some plugin grain surgery to mimic film grain, which evens it all up beautifully. Back to the EOS D30, it's reknowned for making super noise-free images, and you should have no problem getting an A3 print with a little stepped bicubic interpolation resizing (always interpolate in 10% steps it reduces artefacts by enormous amounts). You'll no doubt be photographing stones, which as far as I know (outside of certain Arabic countries) don't move to quickly, so you'll be using 100 ISO at 1/500 or less, for super noise free silkiness.

Thing is, just announced (I discovered this morning) is this :

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/

Check out all the forums/reviews on the above website, you'll find more there than anywhere. Rob Gilbraith.com and luminouslandscape.com are two other EOS centric pages of goodness.

That new Rebel has really upset the apple cart, but I'd still want a magnesium alloy body like a 10D. Be aware though FW, digicams (unless you buy a 1d/1ds thing for oodlebucks) are terrible in the rain or damp, I lost my first camera to a splashing wave, it wasn't *soaked*, but it just went dead, and I can't afford to fix it. A thousand thousand choices, I don't sponsor Canon by the way, I had a Nikon too and it was great. RIP

PS I watched our D60 slide gracefully down the graphic tablet, as Idid a slow motion dive across the room. It was quicker falling than I was leaping, and hit the carpet with a sickening bouncing *DONK!*. It's ruined the menu LCD, but everything else works :-)

ROCK! (Give me that Hasselblad I'll test it out ;-)

Reply | with quote
Posted by morfe lux
6th September 2003ce
16:53

In reply to:

Re: Composting (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: