The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Appletreewick Forum Start a topic | Search
Appletreewick
Calling Iron Man, Fitz etc
35 messages
Select a forum:
Hi guys, HEELLPPP!

This one's rapidly turning into my 'bete noir' I've tried to find it 3 times now & failed.

The first two attempts were pretty quick and without the benefit of your fieldnotes but yesterday we took a bit longer over it & still failed!

Assuming I'm in the right field as shown on the OS map, where I get confused is that as you reach the crest there's a tumbled wall? Do you have to go over that or not? I now notice Linz23 mentions a wall.

ANY help would be much appreciated, but to make sure I'm in the right place, can someone give me a map ref for where to enter the field from the B6265?

It's been a long time since I've failed to find something so I'm getting really frustrated now & plan to get up there again this weekend.

I'm tempted to say I'm not leaving without seeing it this time!!! Better take the tent....

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
4th August 2003ce
11:31

Messages in this topic: