The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Ridgeway Forum Start a topic | Search
The Ridgeway
Re: Mister Grey-Andsensible speaks:
31 messages
Select a forum:
Yup. That's what I thought you'd (not unreasonably) say! And on most points I'm with you all the way.

For me it goes without saying that a lot of motorists don't see cyclists in the right way or don't see them at all!! But I believe in the majority of cases it is ignorance rather than maliciousness.

Trouble is most motorists have never cycled. They may have had bikes....but, you know what I mean.

(Has to be said though that they've all been pedestrians, but still often treat pedestrians with contempt!!!)

About the only thing I wouldn't agree with is why some cyclists 'take liberties'. I think it's more like they have the same lack of care that the drivers who jump light etc have.

And it's always been the same - I can remember as a 15-or-so-year-old lecturing (oh dear) one of my mates about why he shouldn't just zip up the inside of the car at the front of a queue at a junction, because there was a good chance the car would turn left and squish him! But you see cyclists do it all the time.

Like most things in life, I reckon the proportion of good cyclists and bad cyclists, and good drivers and bad drivers is probably pretty similar. (Same for motorbikes too.) Of course a bad driver is more likely to cause more serious damage to a cyclist than a bad cyclist is to a driver!!!

Licenses for talking anyone? (I'd be banned for a start....)

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
10th July 2003ce
22:15

1 reply:

bikesbikesbikes (Martin)

Messages in this topic: