The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Churn Knob Forum Start a topic | Search
Churn Knob
Re: Cross erected on barrow...possible w
25 messages
Select a forum:
Hello Chaps,

Interesting to hear what you have to say, and thank you for the input! A few points to add to the debate:

I have already emailed the County Archaeologist, and am waiting to hear; I would hope to have a reply next week.

St. Birinus, eh? Here's some info for those interested:

http://www.britannia.com/bios/birinus.html

Well, if it's OK with people to go round erecting sodding great symbols of their religion on other people's sacred and historical sites, I guess this means that the Pagans on this forum who wish to do so can go and conduct *their* services in churchyards across the land without any comeback from the C of E or whoever. Pity we've just missed the opportunity with Beltane, but perhaps a bunch of us should descend on Dorchester Abbey to celebrate Coamhain in the usual fashion with Midsummer Fires - splendid! Mark you, it'll leave things a tad scorched for the Pilgrimage Service on 6 July . . .

It's the size of that bloody cross that I find so damned offensive, apart from anything else.

But if anyone can throw more light on that star, I'd be fascinated to know . . .

t'chops x

Reply | with quote
treaclechops
Posted by treaclechops
3rd May 2003ce
16:07

Messages in this topic: